Friday, November 7, 2008

Women of Faith Conference in Houston

The weekend after we went to San Antonio, I went to Houston with some of the girls in Brian's family for the Women of Faith Conference. Even though some of them had been several times over the years, this was my first experience... and I loved it! Ava (Brian's mom), Loree (our sister-in-law), and I left Dallas on Thursday night for Houston. We made a stop in The Woodlands for an urgent bathroom break (surprise, surprise), a new pair of jeans from Ann Taylor (I left mine at home.. again.. surprise, surprise), and dinner at Chuy's! Then we continued on our way to Houston, checked into our hotel, and played several rounds of our favorite card game, Nertz, before going to bed. The next day we met up with Ava's sister and cousin, who joined us for the rest of the weekend. The Pre-Conference and Conference were great, and it was good getting to spend time with Ava and Loree! Allison, we missed you!!

Enjoy the pictures from our fun girls weekend!

The speakers at the Pre-Conference doing a Q&A

On Friday night we went to Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner.
Can you guess what I'm doing?
 
That's right... saving a parking space for Ava in downtown Houston!

It was probably funnier at the time... but I was pretty proud of myself!

Nicole C. Mullen was amazing.
She sang my two favorites: "Redeemer" and "Call On Jesus"

After we got back to the hotel from our long day on Friday, we decided it would be no fun just to go to sleep. So... we played Nertz and ate dessert and drank hot chocolate!

Me & my sister-in-law, Loree (Kinley's mom!)

Donna (Ava's cousin) & Ava (Brian's mom)

The whole gang.
Debbie (Ava's sister), Ava, Donna, Loree and Me

No comments: