Monday, June 20, 2011

Hometown Shower

On June 12th, a group of my mom's best friends and family members threw a shower for Baby Olivia. It was perfectly sweet and girly and completely overwhelming! Olivia is already an abundantly blessed (and spoiled!) little girl. Sadly, I didn't get a picture with the amazing hostesses, but I want to thank Mrs. Cheryll, Mrs. Pam, Sue-Mama, Mrs. Karen, Mrs. Kandis, Mrs. Pat, Aunt Sara, Aunt Donna, and Mrs. Nancy for all their hard work and thoughtfulness! They served ice cream with all the fixings to make a perfect-for-preggos sundae, scrumptious mini cupcakes, and the most refreshing pink lemonade! Cool fact: my mom's friend, Mrs. Cheryll, who graciously opened up her home for this shower for me, is the same special friend that opened up her home for the baby shower for my mom when she was pregnant with me!


Sadly, a few of the pictures are blurry, but you get the idea...






Lots of super cute clothes!




I had a few helpers throughout the day too...
My sister, Anna, and her friend Abbey, my niece, Kinley...
the Porch girls, and the not-so-little anymore, Miss Caroline!




Besides a lot of precious outfits, we did get a few things off our registry, too!
Thanks to Becca and Tyler for our bumbo seat and tray!

One of the sweet ladies that came to the shower, Mrs. Dana, gave Olivia a beautiful handmade quilt that matches her nursery.
It says, "Eat... Play... Sleep... Repeat..."
Check out that baby bump too! Haha :)

My aunt Donna and Mrs. Nancy are so creative and thoughtful... and they wanted to make sure Brian felt included in the shower festivities... They put together the perfect "triathlon-themed" gift for the father-to-be. The doll has running shoes and a swimsuit on, and the bike came with a personalized helmet, water bottle, and Barbie bell!

A few weeks ago, I saw a picture of a hand-painted canvas online that gave me some inspiration for Olivia's nursery... kind of like Royalty/Princess, but the daughter of the King-type, not the spoiled diva-type. On the website, the canvas was in the wrong colors and I wasn't sure if we had enough time to order something custom from the website anyway, so I talked to my mom about hiring the art teacher at Covenant to do something for us... When I opened the canvas at the shower, I was immediately shocked that it was already done... but was even more shocked when my mom told me that my sister had painted it!!! I couldn't speak. Anna is very creative and does impressive doodles with markers, but painting on a canvas?! Are you kidding me?! It's ridiculous! ..and so much more meaningful that Aunt Anna made it for Baby Olivia! I can't wait to find the perfect place for it in the nursery...

1 comment:

The Kriegels said...

Great job Anna!! And I love that she already has a tric!!