Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Week 16 Update

Weeks 15 and 16 have been good... pretty laid-back, especially considering the ice/snow days. My work follows the Richardson ISD weather cancellations, so we were off Tuesday through Friday last week and we're also off today... there's a chance we might still be home tomorrow too, if it doesn't get above freezing. Brian also stayed home with me, since he's between his job rotations right now and he can do a lot of things from home on his computer. The unexpected days at home have given us a lot of time together and we've tried to use some of it productively. When Brian wasn't on his bike trainer or running hill repeats in the snow (check out his blog: http://watchbritri.blogspot.com/) and I wasn't watching TV or sleeping, we did a good amount of filing, laundry, cleaning, and organizing around the house.

For example... we are turning the guestroom closest to our bedroom in to the nursery. In the past, that room has been a catch-all room, Mia's room, the treadmill room, the Christmas gift/wrapping room, and a few other things. As is the case with so many projects, in order to do one thing, another thing has to be done first. In order to move all of my Christmas decorations out of the closet, we needed to floor the other half of the attic for storage. My handyman-in-training did that last weekend before all the crazy weather started, so we were able to move a lot of things out the nursery closet. Here are a few pictures of the room in the process of being cleaned out...




Pregnancy-wise... I can definitely tell a change in my body. Even my scrubs are getting a little uncomfortable. I need to find another option or I'm going to be grumpy at work a lot. It's kind of weird because my belly is growing, but my weight is staying the same. I have my 3rd OB appointment next week, so we'll see if I gain a few extra pounds before then. The appointment is just for a heartbeat check. We don't have another sonogram appointment scheduled until 2 weeks later. I'm so ready to find out if Baby B is a boy or girl... a lot more anxious than I thought I would be. I feel like once I know if it's a boy or a girl, I won't be in such a hurry to move through this pregnancy. I think it's weird because I'm not typically a negative or worrisome person... but I am a realistic person. I was so nervous early on about something going wrong with the pregnancy that I didn't allow myself to become attached emotionally. I think that knowing if the baby's gender will help me to connect more than I have already. Also, I think I might have been feeling a little bit of movement while I was laying in bed the past few nights, but I'm not totally sure. I'll keep ya posted :) Oh, right now Baby B is about about 5" long and weighs about 5 oz.

One more thing... My friend, Remy (check out her blog: http://thewebbssite.blogspot.com/), and I are trying to be healthy preggos, so we've started going back to the gym 2 days a week to do some cardio and lift weights. It's making me feel better already and the chats are pretty therapeutic too!

I think that's all for now..
Goodnight!

6 comments:

Remy said...

Thanks for the shout out!

Grannie Shannie said...

Soooooo cute!! I've never visited a blog before, so yours is the first. Enjoyed reading your journaling so much -- (I'm having a Snow Day, so I'm avoiding working on school work this way!)
Praying God's Blessings on you both as you anticipate. I voted in your poll -- I picked "GIRL!" (and just so you know, I'm ALWAYS wrong!)
Love you both!
Aunt Shannie

The Broaddus Family said...

I guessed "boy". But I must say I have no clue or feelings either way. Most people I know are having boys though, it seems to be in the water right now! :)

Rachael Clark said...

I'm excited to see the nursery transformation!

Brian Ballard said...

Woohoo! Glad to get updated on our life. :)

Lindsey said...

Your bump is so cute! I'm glad to hear things are going well!! Can't wait to see pics of the nursery as it comes together.