Sunday, March 28, 2010

Update on the past 7 months

Well, it's definitely been a while since I was motivated enough to update everyone on Team Ballard... but I constantly feel guilty for reading everyone else's blogs, but not keeping up with ours. Here goes, in no particular order:

I'm so proud of Brian right now. He comes home from a full day of work, helps fix dinner, and then usually does school work. As of January, he was halfway done with grad school. He's also training for triathlons, so usually 2-3 times a week he goes swimming in the morning and running at lunch time. The biking has been harder for him to schedule, but he fits a ride or two in during the week as well. And amazingly, he still finds time to fit me and Mia into his schedule too.

My new hobby as of January has been getting healthier. I've tried not to view it as dieting, but I have lost about 12 lbs in the process. My plan all along has been to make this a life-long way of living. I haven't been doing anything crazy; just keeping track of my calories taken in and calories burned. I have been using a Body Bugg, a calorie and step counter that 24 hr Fitness sells, and that they use on the Biggest Loser (one of my favorite reality TV shows). Brian and I have cooking more at home, making healthier choices when eating out, and trying to be more active altogether. One or two nights a week I make it to my favorite work out class, Turbo Kickboxing. If you haven't seen or done it, google it. It's basically choreographed punches and kicks set to current hip hop music. It's great!

Both of my sister-in-laws on Brian's side (just want to clarify so I don't spread any rumors about Aubrie) are pregnant. Loree, Brian's brother's wife, is due April 30th with her second baby. Their first, Kinley, is 2 1/2 now. They are going to have a boy and name him Cade James. Allison, Brian's sister, is due June 9th. They are also having a boy and naming him Michael Marius. It will be so fun to be aunts and uncles again! We are thoroughly content with this, by the way.. in case any of you were wondering. :)

We have really enjoyed the NCAA basketball season this year. As many of you know, Baylor's men's and women's teams have been playing really well in the tournament. Well, as of tonight, the men lost to Duke. But we are proud of their efforts to make it to the Elite 8. The women's team is still in the game, so good luck, Lady Bears! Sic Em!

Well, I think that's all I have the energy to write for tonight. I know there are lots of other things I could include, but after 7 months, it's kind of overwhelming to decide what to write about.

Until next time... Goodnight!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for the updates! and kyle noticed the weight loss last time we saw you so keep it up!

Lynn B said...

So, that's what you've been up to! I'm proud of BOTH of you...

Lynn