Saturday, August 8, 2009

Team Ballard Update

Hey Hey Blog Friends,

I still read all of your blogs religiously, but can't bring myself to spend the time to update ours. I've been given a hard time recently (including last night.. by my father-in-law, no less!), so I decided an update is crucial.

In no particular order:

1) We closed on our house at the end of May, and have been working on getting everything in order for the past few months. It's a lot of work, but we love it! If anyone's ever in the Plano area, give us a call. We'd love to have you stay with us.

2) Brian went to Taiwan for almost 2 weeks at the beginning of July. It was our first time to be apart that long since we've been engaged! TI sent him over there (his first business trip... and he went all by himself) to work with a customer of theirs. He did a great job, ate weird food, and came back safely. Thank the Lord. Mia and I were fine here, too. My parents came over a few nights to help do some stuff around the house, my sister spent the night with me, and we went to my grandparents lakehouse over the weekend for the 4th of July. That helped the 12 days pass more quickly.

3) Jake and Aubs got married on July 25th! The wedding was beautiful and fun, and Brian and I felt so lucky to be a part of it. We're so happy that Aubrie's officially in the family, and can't wait to see what God has in store for them. They're living in a cute little apartment in downtown Fort Worth, and I know they're loving it!

4) Remy and I are work-out buddies again. As of July 23rd, we've been meeting at 24 hr Fitness 3 days a week at 6am. It's hard to get up that early (most of you know, I'm NOT what they call a "morning person"), but I feel so much better and more productive now that it's in my routine.

5) Mom and I are signing up for our first 5k in October or November. I'm putting this on here, so that we can hold each other accountable. We've talked about it and looked at races, but putting it in print should hold us to it! Wish us luck!

6) John and Allison (Brian's sister and brother-in-law) are moving to Minneapolis, MN in September. John got a job, and Allison is looking for one. We're sad they won't be as close, but we're so excited for their adventure! I know it will bring them closer together, and make us appreciate our family even more.

7) Mia turned 2 on July 2nd! I know some of you will laugh that I'm posting about our dog, but she's our baby, as of now, and we love her! She's really such a good dog, and we can't imagine our life without her right now.

Well, that's all that I can think of off the top of my head. If something else comes to me, I'll try to remember to post it!f

Thanks for reading, and I really will try to do better about posting more regularly!

Much love,
Team Ballard

P.S. 8) Also, I'm slowly becoming a brunette. I had my hair colored brown, then had her put some highlights and lowlights in to make it look more natural. I like it.

8 comments:

The Broaddus Family said...

yay!!! love the updates!!! now you just need to post about your visit to Sugar Land, except you have to come first to post about it. we need a Ballard/ Broaddus get-together! Love you guys!

Mike and Suzi :) said...

No wonder you don't have time to blog. You are really busy!

Lynn B said...

Nice work, but I knew all that stuff (kidding!)...

Love you guys!

Lynn

The Ballard Family said...

Woohoo...way to go, Aunt RayRay!!! That was a great update. I think you inspired me to update mine...maybe. :)

Lynn B said...

Let's see... August, September, October...

tap...tap...tap...

Lynn B said...

Boo! Happy Halloween...

Lynn B said...

Let's see... holiday... no, not Thanksgiving... hmmm....


Oh, Merry Christmas!

The Broaddus Family said...

I gave you a blog award! Now you MUST update! :)