Friday, October 31, 2008

State Fair of Texas

Okay, everyone sing along:
"Our state fair is a great state fair!
Don't miss it, don't even be late!"

 I love the fair! I've been several times over the years, and wanted Brian to experience it with me and my family. So... on the Sunday after the OU/Texas game... which ended up being the most crowded day of the fair all year... my mom, dad, sister, grandparents, aunt and cousin joined me and Brian for 7+ hours of food, shows, and games. We all had a great time and can't wait to go again next year!

Brian and I parked at a Dart station and rode the train and then a shuttle down to the fairgrounds... Thanks to my sister-in-law, Allison, we used 2 free "teacher" tickets!

With Big Tex himself...

Our dinner consisted of a turkey leg, roasted corn, fried snickers, and a lemonade! We also ate Fletcher's corn dogs, onion rings, Texas twisters, and several other things I can't think of right now... 

Who won the only prize of the night?! That's right, it was me! I shot one of those water-gun things into a hole and made the line rise the fastest! We brought the lady-bug prize home for Mia to tear up at some point.
I'll post pics of that when the time comes...

We didn't actually ride the giant ferris wheel, but besides Big Tex, it's the classic symbol of the State Fair to me!

1 comment:

Mark & Beth said...

Hey guys! We must have missed y'all at the fair because we went with the Beazley's that same day! Also, we were sad to miss you at Homecoming! Hope everything is going well, maybe we will run into y'all soon.