Friday, July 11, 2008

Independence Day 2008

I know I'm a little slow, but better late than never. I've been busy, people. Brian and Mia and I spent the weekend of the 4th of July at my grandparents lake house, err... lake trailer out in the little west Texas town of Breckenridge. We've been going out there since I was about 6 or 7, and it's always so much fun... minus the fire ants! It's a little on the white-trash side, but we love it! This year I think we crammed more people into that double-wide trailer than ever before. Let's see... Nana and Papa, my mom and dad and Anna and Luke (Jake was out of town with Aubrie's family), me and Brian and Mia, my Uncle and Aunt and 3 cousins, one of them brought a friend plus their 2 dogs, Greg, Pam and Hannah Hill, and my other cousin Katie... I think that brings our total to 18 people and 3 dogs. Pretty impressive, huh? Brian and I drove down there on Thursday night and stayed until Saturday afternoon. We ate a lot, played in the lake, laid out, played cards, went fishing, played with sparklers, put on our own fireworks show, experienced a brush fire, and taught Mia to fetch and swim in the water!

Enjoy the pictures below!

Brian's artful photography


Another one of Brian's cool photography ideas...

This is how Mia watched the fireworks for most of the night.

Nana directing us in a patriotic sing-along.
I think it was "America, the Beautiful".

Playing our favorite card game at the moment, Nertz.

A boy and his dog.
Brian was very proud that Mia finally liked getting in the water.



 
Hannah and Anna
Anna is thrilled her name is completely inside hANNAh's

2 comments:

RLaMar said...

Looks like the Ballards have been busy, busy, busy. I think you may be need to slow down and get some R&R. Take it from the PRO!!! Rachel, thanks for showing me how to be a part of blogging. I love hearing, I mean, reading about what's going on in your new world. Keep it up. Love you, Mom

Aubrie said...

So it was great to get the play by play of the holiday weekend that i missed. I really missed being there. I just hope yall missed us as much as we missed yall. Love you!

p.s. im pretty impressed that Ms. Rebecca beat me to the comments (she posted at 1:15 AM... i was drooling by then).