Tuesday, June 24, 2008

See?!?!

I knew I wouldn't be able to control myself... Oh well! I'm just going to embrace it!

Tonight we went to dinner with 2 couples from our Sunday School class. I was put in charge of planning it, so we went to Mi Cocina. :) It was so much fun and the food was great, as always! (Side note: Try the Sunset style Fajitas - Matt and Rachael Clark got us hooked) I really love how the leaders of our class encourage us to do things together outside of Sunday morning. Every two months, they send out a list of "supper clubs". Usually it's 3 or 4 couples, with one couple being responsible for getting it together, who go out to dinner. This was our third one since we joined the class back in January, and every time we've really enjoyed it. On Sunday mornings its very easy to be superficial, and ask "How are you?" or "How was your weekend?" without really listening to the answer. But the supper clubs are a great way to find out more,  and make other couples feel involved. Tonight I think I realized that God has blessed Brian and I with the ability to connect with people, and we need to use that gift more often. It's selfish of me not to put forth the effort to make sure that newer couples feel included in the group. I think I'll work on that.

Alright, gotta go take Mia out... 

4 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Hi Mrs. Ballard,

Welcome to the bloggy land of bloggers who like to blog. It's addictive.

Love,

Your Pledge Trainer

Remy said...

YES! I am so glad you have posted again, already, so soon! love you! see you soon? why are you going out of town this weekend??? I want you to stay here and hang out with us!

kristin said...

Rachel! Your blog is so cute! I'm so glad things are going well for you guys! Congratulations on your last semester!

Olson Family said...

the olson's request to be added to your list of "friends" :) yay for team ballard!!!