Monday, June 23, 2008

Our First Entry

Well... it's finally time for my blogging experience to begin. I feel like I have been putting it off only because I know that once I start, I most likely will become obsessed with it. Hopefully I will be able to maintain some self-control, though. I've encouraged Brian to post too, but we'll see how that goes... I think I'll just start with a summary of our married life to this point.

Brian and I just celebrated our 1 year anniversary last month.. Crazy! We are loving married life and are learning so much about ourselves and each other. We have a two-bedroom apartment near the Galleria, and we love the area. We are somewhat preoccupied with our dog, Mia, but I've been told not to feel bad about it because most people are the same way about their pets until they have kids. So, Mia, enjoy it while it lasts! Brian has been working for TI for about 2 years now, including his internship, and feels like he's found a good fit for him. He works hard, but the hours are relatively flexible, so that's nice. He works for DLP (like HD Tv's), in the front projection group. Basically, he does hardware design and customer support. I am in my last semester of grad school - graduation: August 23rd! I started January of '07 and can't believe I'm almost finished. I am currently looking for a job, but I'm sure there will be more on that later.

Brian loves road and mountain biking; he does several triathlons a year; and he is very handy around the apartment. I regularly babysit for a family in University Park, who have 3 girls: twin 15 month olds (Annie and Emma Jane) and a 4 year old (Mollie). Also, we go to Park Cities Baptist Church and love our newlywed Sunday School class!

We feel very fortunate to live close to both our families, and get to see them often. Sometimes Brian questions why we live in a place as flat and ugly as this part of Texas, but we enjoy being surrounded by our loved ones. It's easy to take that for granted, but want them to know we really appreciate their encouragement and support as we begin our lives together.

I think that does it for a brief synopsis of our life at the moment... Until next time...

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Yay! I have wanted to write you back about the sweet comment you made on our blog, but I had no way to do so. So, I'm happy you are blogging now. Yeah, I feel silly doing it sometimes, especially when friends are writing about their babies first steps and I'm writing about our puppy's habit of getting in the mud. But, hey, It's our life! Thanks for praying for me about the job. I got it! I'm super excited to be teaching in Keller (a great district) and close to home. It is a huge blessing. We hope to see ya'll soon, and are glad to keep up with the Ballards via the blogging world! Have a great week.
-Lindsey

Remy said...

YaY! I am so excited! I get to add another blog to my favorite list... seeing as we can never get a hold of each other on the phone, I will atleast know whats going on with you through your blog. I desperately need to post on mine and I think I finally will tonight! Thanks for the inspiration! Love ya friend!

The Broaddus Family said...

I'm so excited you guys have a blog! Now when we're playing phone tag I can catch up on your life via the blog- although it's not as good as hearing your voice on the phone or in person! Hope you guys are doing well- you are almost done with school forever! How is the job hunt process going? Let me know if I can do anything. I mean, I have no SLP connections in Dallas, but ya never know! Love ya lots!
Courtney

The Ballard Family said...

Woohoo! I'm so excited you finally cracked and started your blog. I will take partial credit for pushing you over the edge! :) I look forward to weekly (right?) updates! I need to update mine, but between working tennis camp last week and VBS this week, things are very busy. Love the name..."Team Ballard!"

Morgan said...

You're awesome Rachel! Love the blog! I am moving to Fort Worth in August for my internship just as YOU will be graduating! How exciting! Maybe we will cross paths! I would love to add you to my blog list. Add me if you would like. I just started as well, and even though I am crazy busy...it is addicting! Seems like you guys are doing great!