Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What's in a name?

So... it was completely last-minute decision, but for Mother's Day,
Brian and I decided to announce Baby Girl's name!

Sometime around July 22nd, we will be so excited to meet...


Olivia Lynn Ballard


Isn't it perfect? And beautiful? And girlie? And old-fashioned? :)

We really thought we were going to keep it a secret until she was born. I was worried about people's reactions. I was excited about the idea of having a surprise at her birth. And let's not kid ourselves... I love the idea of knowing something that everyone else doesn't know! :)

Brian and I have thought for a while now that we knew what her name would be, but wanted to make sure that we didn't come across something that we liked more. But Olivia Lynn stayed at the top of our list... and the more we use it, the more we love it.

If we were having a boy, his name would be Owen, so an "O" name for a girl was my first choice. The list is pretty short, and I love the way Olivia sounds and how it looks when it's written! Using Lynn was pretty much a no-brainer. It is a family name on both sides. It looks really pretty when it's written too! :) Haha!

So, thanks to everyone, in advance, for being excited for us!

6 comments:

The Kriegels said...

Love it! Lynns my middle name and Jill likes the name Owen!

Tri.Bull.Butter. said...

What an awesome name! Congrats guys!

Remy said...

it goes perfect with Tucker too... for their future marriage...

Court said...

Yay for little Olivia!!!! It's a very Rachel kind of name and I love it!!!!! Precious name for a precious baby, and on behalf of your friends and family thank you for telling us before she was born!!!! :)

Lynn B said...

Awww... Sweetness!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

LOVELY name!