Thursday, April 21, 2011

Baby Girl Ballard Update

Even right now, as I start to type this update, Baby Girl is movin' and groovin' in my belly... She must have liked those snickerdoodle cookies I ate earlier! It's still crazy to me sometimes, but I love it! So blessed to be part of this miracle happening inside me.

Recently Brian has been working down at the TI office in Richardson more often, and it's pretty close to my office. One day we decided to ride together, and on the way back home that evening, he suggested we stop and get ice cream... Hmm, let me think about it.. okay! I guess we're old enough now to ruin our dinner if we want to :) I loved the logo for this local ice cream shop, and just had to take a picture under it! Doesn't the phrase "Ice Cream Makes You Pretty" make you want to eat more ice cream? It was good ice cream, too. If you're in the Plano area, check out Henry's Homemade Ice Cream!


Once Brian got back from his 3-week trip to Taiwan, I gave him about a week to re-adjust to life back in America... his body clock was off by 13 hours... but then it was Honey-Do List City! :) First on the list: Baby Furniture Shopping! At one point, we went to Pottery Barn Kids, and the picture below is proof that he was a good sport throughout the "torturous experience". (By the way that is a Petunia Pickle Bottom Boxy Backpack he's sporting... super cute, if I do say so... the boy and the bag.)


We also made our way to Lonestar Baby, which is where we found our furniture. I had been looking online for several weeks and had narrowed things down to two different brands/collections that I was interested in checking out. I wanted to be able to touch them and see them, though, and this place had them both in one store. We ended up ordering 4 pieces from the Ragazzi Classico Collection in Snowdrift.. just a fancy name for white :) We got the convertible crib, the 6-drawer dresser, the hutch, and the nightstand. Here are a few pictures from the website.



I've also been trying to decide on bedding for Baby Girl, and it's been an emotionally up-and-down process. I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to make the perfect decision, and really thought I was going to mess up. Last weekend I realized that I just needed to make a decision and get the process of decorating started. From the beginning, I thought I was going to use apple green and a few shades of pink... but then again everything else in my house is green! I started to talk myself into thinking outside the box a little bit... I also noticed that a lot of the fabrics I had been looking at seemed better for an older girl, not a baby. I ultimately decided to go for more sweet than cute :)

Originally I found the bedding I chose online at Sweet Peaches, but my mom found it semi-locally at a baby store in Rockwall called Wee Dreamscapes (very cute little store, by the way). On Wednesday, she and my Nana and I drove out to Rockwall to look at it in person. Turns out, they had it on display in their store so it was on clearance, and they offered me an extra 10% off if I would take all the pieces. I was tempted by the deal, but I wanted to see it on white furniture before I made my final decision. They had it displayed on a brown crib, like the picture below. The lady at the store obviously wanted to make the sale, so she completely undressed her white crib display and put the bedding I was looking at on it. As soon as I saw it all together I said, "I'll take it!" :)


We also found the perfect glider at Lonestar Baby the same day we ordered our furniture, but since I hadn't picked out the bedding yet, I wasn't sure what fabric to get put on it. Now that we have the bedding decided on, I need to go back and get the chair ordered. I love that it looks like a recliner, but it's still a glider. We'll be getting the ottoman too.. don't you worry!


I think that about does it for an update... We are going for an 3D/4D sonogram next Thursday, and then we have a regular dr's appointment the following Wednesday. Can't wait to see our Baby Girl again! Here's a picture from Week 27.


6 comments:

Brian Ballard said...

I love getting caught up on our life! ;)
You look beautiful.

Allison Alecu said...

Love the furniture and the bedding...nice job Rach! :) Hopefully Shaniqua won't chew on her bed like Michael does on his!

The Kriegels said...

Loved the update! Can't wait to see the room all Put together!

Court said...

Love the glider and ottoman!! Probably because they are the same one we got for Wyatt's room!!!! We can be glider buddies :) Love the furniture and bedding too!! You got A LOT done this week missy! Proud of you and Brian for being a good sport through it all. Love ya

Dillards said...

Everything looks so great Rach!!! Can't wait to see baby girl in it, now if I only knew the name:)

El Jacob said...

Mia has got to be the most cooperative picture taking dog I've ever seen! So excited for you and Brian!